Variable speed pump / Timer

ediflores

Dec 8, 2022
CA
Hello , so my variable speed intelli flow pantair pump stoped working , no power . I called pantair and they ask me if I have a timer that the 1 speed pumps used and I told them yes , that my pool guy installed it this year and he said I needed a timer , so they told me that was the problem , anyone had that issue before ,?

Welcome to TFP.

VS pumps should be on continuous power and not connected through a timer. The pump is controlled on and off by its internal control panel and programming.

Have you checked your timer to see if it is operating properly?

You need to check voltage at the pump L1 and L2 connections using a voltmeter.

If your wiring is set up to go through the timer, there is not necessarily any reason you need to change the wiring. You can set the timer to always be on in order to maintain continuous power to the pump.

If the pump does not have power when the external timer is set to on, hopefully its just a broken timer and it is likely easily bypassed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.