variable speed pump program

Jan 30, 2018
Hamburg, NY
I've gone down a rabbit hole on this on TFP and the internet and want some advice. I just installed a FloPro with an iAqualink. I want to keep a clean pool and err with a bit more filtration than energy savings but still gain some electricity savings. There seem to be a million different tutorials and suggestions on how to set up the VS pump. Right now, I run mine 24/7 at 1200 RPM (I have 2" piping pulling mostly from skimmer but some from drain) and it bumps up to 2450 RPM when my heater kicks on. I calculated my pool volume at around 13,000 gallons. The pump and filter are within 5-7 feet of the pool and only about 18" above the water. The piping is really short, especially the return (7').

If I run it at 1200 24/7, I think I am moving 43,000 gallons (30 GPM x 60 min x 24 hours). Can anyone confirm if my math is remotely correct or suggest a set up for me?

Thanks,

Kevin

Turnover is meaningless.
Run the pump for a purpose. Creating your chlorine, dispersing your chemicals, skimming the surface, etc.

Make sure the pump runs for an hour after your chlorine is added. Otherwise whatever is needed for heating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.