Variable pump install & issues w/ heater + water feature

May 26, 2016
Manitoba, Canada
1) My heater started saying check ignition failure and was not starting (worked fine before)
2) It started all of a sudden, then heated like crazy and there's black on the top and the digital display was so hot to the touch it burned and can't read the digital portion anymore
- The tech came back, but took off and didn't update me so I'm not sure if during initial install he did something or did something again upon coming to troubleshoot...
3) Water slide feature no longer works

Was a variable speed pump a mistake? Does it mess with the pool heater, and does anyone know what changes (if any) are done to a pool heater as a result? I'd assume the tech would know how to install + make updates to the system accordingly it's a reputable pool company..I'm worried now there's permanent damage to the unit so I turned it off to let it cool down and hope the display works again and it's functioning but we'll see.

Looking for input to see what would be done to a pool heater and cause problems like this and can I talk to a gas/furnace company or what should I do?

The VSP pump was a great addition and should be no problem at all... As far as the heater I would call them back and ask what is going on with it... It should not be doing that...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.