vapool's build

Rollin Thunder said:
i wanna see this baby done and filled.

Me too! Got equipment in on Thursday and Friday (wow, the heat pump is larger than the ones for the house!); tile is sitting in garage so hopefully they'll come out Monday to install that and the coping. Then just need to backfill, deck and plaster. Will try to post a picture tomorrow of the equipment and, hopefully, finished tile work!

Pools By Young, a small VA builder whose been in the business about 40 years or so. Really can't say enough good things about them; they've really bent over backwards for us.

vapool said:
Pools By Young, a small VA builder whose been in the business about 40 years or so. Really can't say enough good things about them; they've really bent over backwards for us.

i have done research about him, do you know if he would work all the way out in va beach, im not ready to sign a deal yet but i want a raised spa next to my pool and he is the only one on my search that seems to do that, you have had a very good experence with him, im also wanting to change my pump and filter, and maybe add a heater. he is really talking my laungage according to his web site, my sig of "adding a spa as we speak" is still only on blue prints right now

are you guys almost done. 8)

Rollin Thunder -- Not sure if they'll travel out to VA Beach, since they're pretty small, but you can give it a shot. Like I said, we've been happy with them

Unfortunately, we're in a little holding pattern right now. Flagstone coping and tile were going to go in last week, but some of the flagstone was a bit scratched up and they didn't want to use it, so we have to wait til more comes in...hopefully tomorrow!

At long last, here's some updates pix of tile, coping and decking. Now we just need to clean up all the junk in the pool, plaster and fill!

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

lookin good, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, are you going to take a dip when its all filled :lol: the heater for your pool is bigger than the one for your house, good choice on the yorks we have a field of 4 yorks on the side of the house, heat and cool like nothing else.

RT--No way am I jumping in, even with a heater! DH promises he will, however. The York has seen better days; we actually have another heat pump behind the massive pool one that's for our addition...

They're cleaning all the debris out of the pool today, so hopefully plaster (3M) is imminent. Will hopefully post completed pix soon!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
vapool said:
RT--No way am I jumping in, even with a heater! DH promises he will, however. The York has seen better days; we actually have another heat pump behind the massive pool one that's for our addition...

They're cleaning all the debris out of the pool today, so hopefully plaster (3M) is imminent. Will hopefully post completed pix soon!

aww cmon i bet you would enjoy it, if not i will push you in. :lol: i bet your DH talks you in to it though, or he will push you in. but i would also like to see the pool in relation to the house.

our yorks were just replaced this year, so there the best , but there HUGE, i mean there bigger than your heat pump and we have 4 of them :shock:

Woo-hoo...We're plastered!

3M guys just pulled out the driveway, and here's the end result. Filling up with water now; going to Lowe's to get a longer hose for the front water spicket....it's gonna take a while! Skies are clouding up, so maybe we'll have a little help from Mother Nature...

poolplasterandfill021.jpg

poolplasterandfill023.jpg

poolplasterandfill024.jpg

poolplasterandfill025.jpg

poolplasterandfill026.jpg

why do some people put jets on their returns and some dont, i noticed your returns dont have jet covers on them, do you leave it like that?

pool looks awsome, now go swimming!!!!

Alright. Now thats an awesome pool!!!!!!!! It makes sense now that you gave us a pic in context to the house.

Will you place grass immediately around the pool deck or will you buffer with a ring of landscape rock. I think you should consider a little buffer at least on the side that is coping only without surrounding pool deck. Otherwise your gonna get grass clippings in your pool everytime you cut the grass.

Post some more pics once its full!

dlsdo said:
Will you place grass immediately around the pool deck or will you buffer with a ring of landscape rock. I think you should consider a little buffer at least on the side that is coping only without surrounding pool deck. Otherwise your gonna get grass clippings in your pool everytime you cut the grass.

No way, we want as little grass as possible! We'll be doing plantings with mulch b/w the pool and fence, and from the front gate to the pool as well. Now we just have to figure out what to plant!

RT--I think PB may be adding the jet thingy's to the returns. He still has to come back for some finishing touches (diving board, fix up raised wall, etc). Actually, they'll be coming out daily (at least they say they will) to do all the plaster brushing for the next few weeks) :-D

They brush the plaster for you!!! You have got to be kidding. I am soooooooo jealous.

Its high 50s and low upper 20s here. I am out there freezin' my buns off everyday brushing my pool......but my is it worth it! I think the serenity is therapeutic. I swear despite the weather my blood pressure drops a bit taking in the surroundings.....or maybe its just frostbite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.