Santa Fe , Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So 3 weeks ago I started the TFP method to get my pool under control and get the danged old algae out once and for all. So I had to drain my pool over 3/4 of the way to bring my cya down from 200ppm. Which got me down to 60ppm which I can live with so now I have been only adding bleach and MA for 3 weeks and my cya has slowly gotten down to 30ppm ? Why is my cya still lowering I would prefer to keep it at 50ppm cause my pool gets full sun. Am I missing something?
Current pool results
d79be3407f86cb25558972098d5440c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It is surprising to me that the CYA would have dropped that much ... could be partially testing error?
CYA does actually breakdown very slowly (<5ppm per month in the summer), but I think high FC levels can speed that up some.

Have you been pumping any more water out? Do you have an auto-fill that could be hiding a leak? ... These do not seem very probable to me.

Yeah I fill up the pool about every 5 days which is half a tile worth we did get some fresh rain but only a .250 inch it's definitely a head scratcher. During the slam I was burning off the last of a couple pucks and I do get my sample right in front of a return could that skew my test results ? Also my new cya test regeants im using came off a jug from my local pool store I know he goes through that stuff pretty quick so I'm guessing it's still good but you never know

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.