Valve Positions, Spillover, and Pump Pressures

Justworkhere

Gold Supporter
Mar 11, 2020
Fort Worth, TX
I have a single speed pump and am trying to figure out how to position my manual valves by minimizing spillover as much as possible.

The return side has pool jets, spa fountain (which is not hooked up, just a jet in the bottom of the spa), and spa jets. During normal operation I have been running the pool jets and spa fountain wide open with the spa jets closed. This has a pressure when the filters are clean of around 12psi. I have been experimenting with closing the spa fountain to only let about 20% of the water through and the rest going to the pool jets. When I do this the pressure is anywhere from 17-20 psi. My question is am I putting to much wear and tear on the plumbing and pump, long term, by minimizing the spillover? Should I just allow the spa fountain to continue wide open and not worry about the ph rise?

Thanks

When I do this the pressure is anywhere from 17-20 psi. My question is am I putting to much wear and tear on the plumbing and pump, long term, by minimizing the spillover?

No. Filter pressure of 17-20 PSI is fine.

I have a DE filter. My clean filter pressure is about 18 and I backwash by when it gets to 30.

Should I just allow the spa fountain to continue wide open and not worry about the ph rise?

No. But I assume you do not have automated valves? You need to run some fresh water through the spa every day to keep it chlorinated.

What filter do you have? Add it to your signature.

No. Filter pressure of 17-20 PSI is fine.

I have a DE filter. My clean filter pressure is about 18 and I backwash by when it gets to 30.

No. But I assume you do not have automated valves? You need to run some fresh water through the spa every day to keep it chlorinated.

What filter do you have? Add it to your signature.
Thanks, no I don't have automated valves. I was going to set the valve to a 20/80 split for minimal spillover.

Just added the filter to my signature. I have a Hayward 425 sq ft cartridge filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.