valve position to vacuum pool

Aug 9, 2016
lancaster PA.
Greetings
I am new in this home and am wondering when i vacuum my pool from either of my 2 skimmers will i have to move these valves to another position? I was going to vacuum to waste the 1st time. I was told the 2 pipes together are my skimmers and the other valve will be main drain. can i leave valves as they appear as long as i have decent suction? Thank you in advance for any replies.

IMG_0517.jpg

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I don't vacuum often because I loathe doing it, but when I do I close off the MD valve to get more suction but leave both skimmers open. Having both open is plenty of suction in my system but still has a fall back if (when) my hose decides to fall off or my skimmer vacuum plate decides to break seal and suck in air to the one skimmer. I would try without changing the valves, then try with the MD valve closed to see if vacuuming is better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.