Valve actuator with 3 stops?

SkeeterK

Apr 16, 2019
Magnolia, TX
Hello,

New owner here and so far all of my questions have been easy to find within the search section or reading the sticky notes within each section.

I'm wondering if I can add an valve actuator that has 3 stops. I see where my other two Pentair CVA 24 actuators have two adjustable limit switches for stops but that's as about all I can find. From reading the Easy Touch manual there's not much there covering this topic so perhaps isn't not possible.

Currently the my manual diverter valve sits at 50/50 for the weeping wall and bubblers that share the same pump. I would like to have the option of remotely changing the position to bubblers only, weeping wall only, or the 50/50 mix I have now.

Thanks!

Sorry, no. They are only designed for two positions, at least at present. Who knows what they will come up with. Pentair, Jandy, Hayward, Intermatic, and some private labels all work, essentially, the same and are interchangeable.

I affirm 1poolman1's response.
Two positions only.
The only way I can think of to resolve your desire, is to install a second valve actuator down stream from the principle one, on one side or the other.
That valve can restrict or allow as much flow from your primary actuator as you choose.
It may take an additional actuated valve on the other side to get the desired result.
Hard to tell without being on site.
Short answer is not yet is there a 3 position actuator.

I would like to have the option of remotely changing the position to bubblers only, weeping wall only, or the 50/50 mix I have now.
If you had Jandy iAqualink automation, you might find that the SmartJVA kind of does what you describe. You can't program 3 separate stop points, but I believe you can move the actuator by 5% increments on the fly from your phone. @PoolGate is the guy to explain further if you have questions or clarify if I've stated this incorrectly.

I have seen a few posts that Pentair is about to, or maybe already released, an actuator that will be able to stop wherever you want via the controller. It has some different connectors or something so not likely to work on older automation.

If you had Jandy iAqualink automation, you might find that the SmartJVA kind of does what you describe. You can't program 3 separate stop points, but I believe you can move the actuator by 5% increments on the fly from your phone. @PoolGate is the guy to explain further if you have questions or clarify if I've stated this incorrectly.

As far as I know, Jandy is the only brand with adjustable "on the fly" valve actuators. And you do need Aqualink and the optional SmartJVA board (normal JVAs though) to do this. I have it for both of my valves. It is actually very nice. But I do wish they would allow you to set up programs to automatically go to the pre-set percent. As of now, it will go closed/off, which is 0%, and whatever you save the previous time you used it. Once you select it, it will go to the previous saved setting and give you the option to change it up or down in 5% increments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.