Vacuuming intex pool- help needed

Hi, this my first time with this intex 16x48 easy set. I am trying to vacuum it, via the skimmer basket but it is not great suction. The debris bag has a small amount of stuff in it but I think I am mostly just stirring it up as I push the vacuum. I bought a rubber plug to try and block the 2nd intake because I read that that is helpful. When I did that, there was no suction at all via the skimmer basket and nothing going from pump back to pool. Do I need to close off a valve or something? The T valve at the inputs obviously can't be shut off? Could it be due to air still in line? I have a bunch of sand/dirt settling on bottom and it def needs to be vacuumed. Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Yes, the suction on the standard setup is lacking a proper vacuum to clean with. I have an intex 18x52 ultra frame and I converted mine to a wide mouth skimmer and hard plumbed it with 2" pvc. The flow increased drastically which also helped with the suction for the vacuum. The only other idea is to buy a vacuum that works on something other than the pool pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.