Vacuuming a pool with a cartridge filter

nyg2k

May 15, 2013
What is the best method to vacuum a pool with a cartridge filter? I don't think I get enough pressure build up in the filter to use a standard pool hose vacuum. I purchased the Catfish rechargeable vacuum that connects to the skimmer pole but I just never get a super clean vacuum job. Any thoughts or suggestions?

following... i to just purchased a manual vac setup and i dont seem to get a good amount of suction... i have a robot but want a vac for spot cleaning and major cleaning... i have a sta right 400sq feet cart filter and a pentair VS pump.

It seems like the OP is talking about a really undersized Intex-type A cartridge filter. But even in my pre-TFP days when fighting algae blooms, I still did OK vacuuming my pool bottom with a 4” shop-vac attachment (and many, many filter changes and cleanings). If it’s the newer (2) intake pool, you may want to figure how to close 1 intake only while vacuuming.
Otherwise, proper-sized cartridge (like a PP’s 400sf) filters should have no problem with a vacuum.

I know they are rarely recommended, and are more work than a robot, but my suction side Kontiki deal does a nice job 95% of the time. (I have a standard vacuum hose I’ve used a few times.

Pool-pole pool 12X18X52 5600 gallon salt water
Chlorine Generator-Intex Crystal Clear CS8110
Pump-Max Pump model #AC1000MXHT
Filter-Blue Torrent Hydromatic Pressure Cartridge filter (with filter on filter gauge reading around 14 PSI)

- - - Updated - - -

What pump/cartridge filter setup do you have?

Pool-pole pool 12X18X52 5600 gallon salt water
Chlorine Generator-Intex Crystal Clear CS8110
Pump-Max Pump model #AC1000MXHT
Filter-Blue Torrent Hydromatic Pressure Cartridge filter (with filter on filter gauge reading around 14 PSI)

Can you post a photo of your pump? When I search that model it comes back as an air pump for inflatables!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.