Vacuuming a pool with a cartridge filter

nyg2k

May 15, 2013
What is the best method to vacuum a pool with a cartridge filter? I don't think I get enough pressure build up in the filter to use a standard pool hose vacuum. I purchased the Catfish rechargeable vacuum that connects to the skimmer pole but I just never get a super clean vacuum job. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Suprfly

Feb 24, 2014
wisconsin
following... i to just purchased a manual vac setup and i dont seem to get a good amount of suction... i have a robot but want a vac for spot cleaning and major cleaning... i have a sta right 400sq feet cart filter and a pentair VS pump.

NoTime

Jun 7, 2013
It seems like the OP is talking about a really undersized Intex-type A cartridge filter. But even in my pre-TFP days when fighting algae blooms, I still did OK vacuuming my pool bottom with a 4” shop-vac attachment (and many, many filter changes and cleanings). If it’s the newer (2) intake pool, you may want to figure how to close 1 intake only while vacuuming.
Otherwise, proper-sized cartridge (like a PP’s 400sf) filters should have no problem with a vacuum.

I know they are rarely recommended, and are more work than a robot, but my suction side Kontiki deal does a nice job 95% of the time. (I have a standard vacuum hose I’ve used a few times.

nyg2k

May 15, 2013
Pool-pole pool 12X18X52 5600 gallon salt water
Chlorine Generator-Intex Crystal Clear CS8110
Pump-Max Pump model #AC1000MXHT
Filter-Blue Torrent Hydromatic Pressure Cartridge filter (with filter on filter gauge reading around 14 PSI)

- - - Updated - - -

What pump/cartridge filter setup do you have?

Pool-pole pool 12X18X52 5600 gallon salt water
Chlorine Generator-Intex Crystal Clear CS8110
Pump-Max Pump model #AC1000MXHT
Filter-Blue Torrent Hydromatic Pressure Cartridge filter (with filter on filter gauge reading around 14 PSI)

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Can you post a photo of your pump? When I search that model it comes back as an air pump for inflatables!

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.