mmrambo

Jun 7, 2023
Tupelo. MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m taking over our pool care after being dissatisfied with our local pool store. I’ve already learned so much from y’all. After reading through pool forums and watching videos, I’ve learned you can vacuum to filter. We were only told to use waste. This new info is great.

Next question, see the pic of the vacuum head they sold us. I’ve learned through videos that this for a concrete pool, but we have vinyl.
Should I get a different type of vacuum head since I have a vinyl liner?

Finally, can I use my robot for algae? I have a dolphin m200.

Attachments

• CAE801A2-F6C2-41CA-8E2B-BA13C99CEAA6.jpeg
    CAE801A2-F6C2-41CA-8E2B-BA13C99CEAA6.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 37B089A8-9B63-4824-BEEF-D3B3EAC691FF.jpeg
    37B089A8-9B63-4824-BEEF-D3B3EAC691FF.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 10
With the M200, you probably won't ever need to use the manual vacuum. I have one too given by the builder and never use it. What exactly are you vacuuming up?

Next question, see the pic of the vacuum head they sold us. I’ve learned through videos that this for a concrete pool, but we have vinyl.
That head worked great with my single speed pump because the wheels kept it from planting itself to the floor. With my variable speed pump, the triangle brush head works best because I can dial the flow to exactly where it works best. It also kills two birds because it brushes for me while I vac.

Take a min and fill out your in Signature. List the pool details, all the equipment model #s, and anything else relevant.
Finally, can I use my robot for algae? I have a dolphin m200.
You can use the robot while you have algae, but it won't do anything but clean up the dead stuff that fell to the floor.

SLAM Process gets rid of algae.

I’ve learned you can vacuum to filter. We were only told to use waste. This new info is great
I always vac to filter and then clean them when needed. If it's a huge mess, like spring opening, I'll brush it all to a general area (takes a few tries with time to settle) and then only have to waste vac the small area, losing alot less water.

Reactions: Mdragger88
mm,

Algae is a chemical problem and needs a chemical fix.

All the vacuums, filters, and robots in the world will not fix an algae problem.

As pointed out by the Dude, you need to perform a SLAM..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.