Vacuum issues

Jul 11, 2017
Minnesota
I have never tried to vacuum pool. This past week or so we got lot of rain and I got a layer of algae onto the bottom of pool. my chlorine level dropped, but I have gotten the pool blue again. My issue is I hooked the hose up to my brush head, I put that in the water and put the other end of the hose to the water inlet where the water pushed out all the air till the bubbles stopped. Then I put that end into the skimmer and tried to vacuum up some of the algae on the bottom. There does not seem to be a lot of suction. it also seems to that when i do this the water level in the pump drops a lot. Is there something that is wrong or do i need to do some type of troubleshooting and where would you start. Thanks ladies and guys

Be sure the vacuum head is not sucking up your liner and restricting the flow of water to the pump. Try starting with the brush head turned over.

Did you SLAM Process?

Take care.

I did Shock the pool, and maintained the Chlorine and PH level. I didn test anything else.

When the brush was in the water, I even felt under the brush, not much suction. When I dont have the vacuum hooked up, the pump runs full of water and works well

What is your current filter pressure versus clean pressure? Be sure to back wash when your filter pressure rises by 25% over your clean pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.