Vacuum Head Suggestion

Jun 5, 2013
I tried searching, surprised this hasn't been discussed more before. I'd like a little less frustration with vacuuming the pool. The head is most of my frustration. I've used the lil triangle brushy job, and the oval brushy job. Neither stays on the floor that great, and both just push dirt around. I've got pine trees, the needles jam up the brushes, if the brushes let the leaves/needles under near the hose.

I grew up vacuuming my grand-dad's pool, his was concrete. He had a wide flat vacuum head with rollers. I see the style on Amazon, but it seems to be meant for concrete, and the miserable little brushy ones for vinyl. Am I doomed to misery of tiny little vacuum heads that just shuffle dirt around?

Big ol manly vacuum:

Awful little miserable vacuum:

Are the big ol manly vacuums bad for vinyl? Also I have a 4000ppm salt pool, to be considered for equipment.

Thanks.

The one with rollers is the one I use, but then mine is fiberglass. With goo suction, it grabs the bottom too.

full

I do good with the triangle brushy one. It’s all about getting the most amount of suction without having it sick to the floor. The angle of the pole makes a huge difference if it gets stuck or not. If I clean the pool while in it, the head sticks less and I can increase my suction and productivity. Plus, snorkeling with the vacuum is 4 parts swimming to 1 part work. Much more enjoyable.

Reactions: Fletch aka
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.