Vacuum for 5,000 gallon above ground

PostDingus

May 12, 2021
Northern New Jersey
I've got a 5k gallon above ground that I'm a bit sick of vacuuming the old fashioned way every couple days. We have a lot of trees that drop junk into our pool.

I do not want to go for a full blown Dolphin in the $600+ range for what is admittedly a small pool. What do you all think of vaccums of this style/price range? Any that are generally recommended? Amazon.com : XtremepowerUS Premium Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner Sweeper In-Ground Suction Side + Hose Set : Swimming Pool Suction Cleaners : Garden & Outdoor

Thank you!

That is a pump powered vac. So be sure your pump is up to it.

Take a look at the Aquabot line of robots. Many members with above ground pools have used them.

Do you have a traditional hard wall AGP or do you have the soft sided pool held up by a metal frame? If you have a traditional AGP you can use the cleaner linked in your post. Aquabots are great, but unfortunately the Pool Rover Jr which is their model for AGPs is pretty much sold out everywhere at this time.

I had a Zodiac Ranger that worked like the cleaner linked in your post. It was great for regular debris except for acorns and large accumulations of leaves. I had a lot of organic debris such as leaves and crepe myrtle blossoms constantly falling in my pool. It could handle those just fine, however acorns would get stuck in the diaphragm (mechanism that provides movement around the pool) and bring it to a dead stop. Acorns start dropping late summer and I constantly had to pry them out to keep the cleaner going. If your debris doesn't include anything like acorns one of those suction side cleaners will probably work just fine for you. Oh, the other thing is they tend to get stuck behind the stairs. I would shorten my hose so it wouldn't get stuck and manually vacuum the stair area.

I've got a 5k gallon above ground that I'm a bit sick of vacuuming the old fashioned way every couple days. We have a lot of trees that drop junk into our pool.

I do not want to go for a full blown Dolphin in the $600+ range for what is admittedly a small pool. What do you all think of vaccums of this style/price range? Any that are generally recommended? Amazon.com : XtremepowerUS Premium Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner Sweeper In-Ground Suction Side + Hose Set : Swimming Pool Suction Cleaners : Garden & Outdoor

Thank you!
I have had this intex pressure side cleaner for about 4 weeks and it is excellent. It is now only $129.00 on Amazon. Climbs the walls and picks up everything. I live in the woods. I’m getting sand, leaves,even acorns picked up. I have no idea how long it will last however, but much cheaper than other cleaners.

Attachments

• 467C96A4-40CD-40F0-9F8D-FBBE22AB4FE1.png
    467C96A4-40CD-40F0-9F8D-FBBE22AB4FE1.png
    601.8 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: CT-Steven
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.