Jul 14, 2017
Austin
I'm going to be leaving for 4 day vacation. I'm a new pool owner using the TFP method. I just wanted to make sure I got this right. I'm going to bring my pool up to shock level according to my CYA then put pucks in my chloronator stack maybe 3-4 and turn it all the way up to 5 let it add chlorine while I'm gone. Sound good, any other ideas?

I don't think you'll need that many pucks for a short vacation but yes, that is what is recommended.

Remember to be careful removing the pucks when you get back. Wear gloves and don't take any deep breaths when you pull them out of the chlorinator and keep pets away. I let my pucks dry out away from the pool on some rocks before storing them again.

A 3 inch tab (if that is what your using) should last about 4-6 days depending on the amount of run time

I use a floater and put 1 tab for per week i am gone (they are designed to maintain your pool at 3.5)

Typically my pool will lose about 2ppm per day average

So if you boost it to shock level (4 days your going to lose about 8-10 ppm) if your water is clean and no issues are going on

1 tab in a floater is just in case something happens

That way your only adding a touch of CYA

The first time I put 3 tabs in (I was nervous) and it took 3 weeks to dissolve them all

Lesson learned

In an auto system with higher run times it may dissolve them way faster
I would go with 2 tops for 4 days

Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.