Vacation last week

Jun 22, 2013
We went to Dayton, OH last weekend and stayed at a downtown hotel. They had what appeared to be a nice outdoor pool. It was very cold though. The Mrs asked one of the maintenance guys if it was heated, and told him they needed to increase the temp. He replied that pool temp is regulated by the state of OH, and it had to be under 80 degrees so they keep it at 79. This didn't sound right to me...

So I googled OH public pool regulations and started reading the requirements. Turns out it is regulated, but can be up to 90 degrees. Makes me wonder if this poor guys manager (or someone) is lying to him about it cause they just don't want to run their heater...lol

I found the regulations interesting overall. I am pretty sure they don't follow many of them. Like required test be done every 4 hours. I doubt that ever happens...lol

See what this site has done to me. On vacation and obsessing about the hotels pool :)

Yep. I never swim in hotel pools or soak in hotel hot tubs. They are nasty. If I did, I feel compelled to incinerate my swim clothes as I don't want them back in my pool...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.