Using the TFP recommended test kit, TA problem

dannybye1

Jul 30, 2018
Pensacola
Ok got lazy and started using hockey pucks to take care of my 17' round pool. I've been trying to raise Ph using Borax but it won't budge. So HMM i said let's check the TA. Did the 25ml mark 2 drops of R7 and with 1st drop of R8 green stuff it turned red instead of green immediately lol. Never had that happen How do I fix it? Put in a 100 lbs Baking soda just kidding! Obviously something is out of whack. Pool has 3.4 of chlorine it's a 52' high round with sand filter Water is crystal clear and 90 degrees here in Pensacola FL

Dan

Using PoolMath put in Now for TA of 0. Put in 70 for target. Add the amount of baking soda it says in batches.

Can you measure pH?

The uncontrolled use of pucks crashed your pH and TA -------

- - - Updated - - -

Also ``` Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

You may also want to get the Pool Math app.

You cannot have a pH of 7.2 and a TA of 0.

Check your numbers before you add baking soda.

Ok at least I'm at 50 now on TA but checked my CYA lol to be expected using pucks it's at 90 so maybe I'll drain some water or maybe I won't. hopefully the house sells first and we get to take the pool down/apart. thanks for telling me what I kind of knew just never believed TA could get so bad as 0 goose eggs Thanks so much Marty I believe.

P.S. Not a new user couldn't get in so had to open a new account. I've been a pool school/chemistry/math user for over 10 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.