Antelope, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
So my little 11 month grandson has a little water play table thing, he plays with it almost daily; my daughter just adds some water here and there for splash out and evap. My daughter asked me if she could put a little chlorine in it to keep it from getting algae or if she should be changing the water out every day.

Today I used pool math to figure that it would take about a teaspoon of CL (to approx 10 gallons of water) to get about 3 ppm of FC. Obviously no CYA so I told her to add it in the evening after the sun went down. I'm not exactly sure if this will work, but it was fun anyway.:unsure::p

Reactions: Leebo and mknauss
3ppm of chlorine without CYA is pretty harsh. Maybe a 1/4 teaspoon to 10 gallons instead. Dumping it every other day and spraying it down with a diluted bleach mixture is probably better.
It is kind of fun to play around with the numbers. Once I figured out how much a cup of bleach would raise FC in a 20 gallon washing machine. Its pretty high!

I tell all my friends with kids who have little plastic pools to dump a half cup bleach at night to kill off algae and bacteria. By the time the sun hits the pool, it's been destroyed n they dont have to dump n fill the pool daily. Maybe every 3rd day because of grass, dirt or bugs.

Why not just use a 5-gallon bucket to transfer water from your pool to the water table? That would have all the chemicals balanced with CYA to make the FC last longer. Maybe I am reading wrong and the pool is at your house and not at your daughter's house. My son has a lot of small pool toys in a big bin on our porch so once per week I will dump pool water on top of everything to try to flush out any rain water sitting in crevices.

Reactions: kimkats
I tell all my friends with kids who have little plastic pools to dump a half cup bleach at night to kill off algae and bacteria. By the time the sun hits the pool, it's been destroyed n they dont have to dump n fill the pool daily. Maybe every 3rd day because of grass, dirt or bugs.
That was exactly my thinking, no CYA means sun will burn it off really fast.

Reactions: Casey
Why not just use a 5-gallon bucket to transfer water from your pool to the water table? That would have all the chemicals balanced with CYA to make the FC last longer. Maybe I am reading wrong and the pool is at your house and not at your daughter's house. My son has a lot of small pool toys in a big bin on our porch so once per week I will dump pool water on top of everything to try to flush out any rain water sitting in crevices.
The water table is at my daughter's house, out on their deck. As much as she would love to have a pool, they don't :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.