May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

I'm going to do a water replacement to get my CYA down, and it's possible I'll have to bring my CH back up when done.

I have access to free 12% Ca liquid calcium chloride. Does anyone have any numbers to translate it to the Calcium Chloride calculation used in pool math (I'm assuming that's 100% dry calcium chloride right?)

The specs of what I have are 12% calcium by weight, and 22-26% chloride by weight. Here is the product data sheet:
http://www.tetrachemicals.com/getFile.asp?File_Content_ID=765

Would I just multiply the weight that pool math gives my by about 8?

Thanks!

Or now that I think about it, is it more like 3 to 1, so take the pool math dry weight and multiply it by about 3 to get the liquid weight to use?

I assume your fill water is low in CH? If anything much above 100 ppm you will not need to add any calcium. Just manage your CSI as your CH will increase due to evaporation.

It varies. Usually around 25, but sometimes it's 100 if the city is running groundwater instead of surface water. I'm at 400 right now, and looking at a 50% replacement, and I'll probably try to overshoot that since it's a lot easier to being CYA back up then to have not gone far enough.

So I'll probably be ok, but want to be prepared to add CH if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.