Using Gentle Spa

Oct 6, 2018
Bay City, MI
I just got done purging my hot tub and was going through and adjusting all the chemicals. I was reading in the how to use chlorine summary the it says to add ~50 ppm of Gentle Spa, which I have never done before but am app to try if it has good effects. I was just wondering if anyone else uses this product and if so the benefits. I am assuming it is talking about the Pro Team Gentle Spa product. Thanks in advance for your input.

That is just an expensive borate product with some “proprietary ingredients” mixed in. Pure boric acid will do the same thing
Most here purchase it from duda deisel.
Although in a spa w/ such a small amount $ may not be as big of a factor as convenience.
It’s not recommended to add borates until your ta is in the 50’s
Here’s some more info about borates.

No - it will just make u have to use more acid to lower ph & subsequently ta . Better to do that 1st. As the majority of the reason for adding borates in a spa is to slow down the rate of ph rise. With a highish ta you may not see much benefit from the borates on that front. Good news is that the process is fairly quick in a spa - usually only takes me 3 or 4 cycles to get from 90 to 50 or 60. You don’t wanna go lower than 50.
Here’s how👇

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.