Using dolphin while closed

I had my plaster redone this summer and when I closed a few weeks ago I was adding acid once a week or so. I drAined the pool down about 6 inches below the tile line. Are there any issues with add acid and running my dolphin once a week or every other week when acid is added to mix it up since the filter is winterized?

No don't make the poor Dolphin breath in and swallow all that acid unless you're talking about just running the Dolphin in the pool far away from the acid.

Use a little elbow grease and mix any acid or bleach additions in with a long handled pool brush or floor brush. Be very careful adding acid to a pool when you don't have an actively flowing return to move it away from the wall and floor. You might end up with acid stains if it lingers there.

Maddie :flower:

Gerg:

If this was my pool, I would take my shop vac (I also have extensions) enough to get down 8' and place on the blower side. I would carefully lower the blower into the water, add the acid and use the blower to mix the water. This should work, but I would try it first. Do not know what type of cover you have.

The reason why I have extensions is that the mason kicked some 3/4" rocks in the pool when he poured the cement and I needed a way to grab them without diving in to really cold water. It took a while as the water filled the Rigid wet vac, but you will be using a blower sude. Hopefully you have a blower. The extension unfortunately are like $40 if I remember correctly.

The other option is to purchase a 10' - 2 inch or 1.5 inch PVC and with the use of blow thru plugs and an air compressor to move water around on the bottom of the pool.

Most robot have a low end temp under which you should not run them. I think under 50s is too low. Check your manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.