Using an electric actuator to add water to pool

ehamill

Mar 4, 2019
sean2dan
OK, I am repiping my pool next weekend to add Salt Water cell back in and make a few other adjustments to the routing, etc... I currently have a 1/2 inch water pipe that is piped in along with a manual ball valve to add fresh water when I need to top off pool. I am considering doing this again but with an actuator that I can control from my indoor panel so I dont need to go outside to turn on and off... Any reasons this might not work? I know it is an expensive solution to a simple issue, but due to medical issues, walking is not always an option for me.

What pitfalls should I expect?

thanks in advance.

E,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all of your pool questions... :shark:

I have the set up you are thinking about. I just added a water sprinkler automated valve to my sprinkler line. When I want to add water to the pool, I just hit an icon on my system and it will turn the valve on for a set amount of time and then turn it off, so there is no problem with forgetting to turn it off...

Or the requirement to wear a giant clock around my neck to remind me... @kimkats :whip:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.