Used safety or automatic cover

Jul 26, 2017
Queen Creek AZ
We are trying to sell our home so I'd prefer not to cover with our old canvas type cover and water bags. I found used Loop Loc and an automatic safety cover nearby that are affordable, however they are larger than my pool. My pool is 18 x 36 with center steps and the covers are 22 x 40. Do you think a larger cover can work? I was thinking that perhaps the anchors can be installed under the deck? Thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

The loop loc will extend about 2 feet over the edge of the pool all around. That's not a problem (mine is about the same), as long as you have room on the deck to install the anchors. (Not sure what you mean by "under the deck?)

Have you considered just leaving the pool open? You'll need to run the pump 24/7 in case of freezing weather.

Hi Keith. My pool deck only has about 2 ft clearance lengthwise so I was thinking perhaps the springs can bend and connect to anchors under earth the deck instead of on top of it. My house sits on a hill so the pool and deck are about 5/6 ft above ground.

I am really struggling with keeping the pool clean. There is a massive maple tree right next to the pool and the leaves are falling all the time now. I thought with a safety cover I could just blow the leaves off. I'm afraid that seeing a pool full of leaves will be off-putting for potential buyers. The other option of course is to close the pool and put on the standard tarp with water bags, but that is equally a sore sight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.