Used Metal Magic to remove rusty well water...how to get water to clear?

DAC9DB86-5C49-4B55-A982-5D5664C55312.jpegI put my hose in to refill evaporated water....i live is south florida and we have hard iron water. my hose is post water softener...however my water softener failed and i ended up with rusty well water in my pool. I could see a very bad orange tint to the whole pool. I researched forums and chose to use metal magic. I followed instructions and after several day the orange color cleared up. cloudy water remained...i kept running pump and cleaning filter.. the water cleared but i had drifts of white powder looking substance on the bottom. I vacuumed and then cleaned filter....water was cloudy again. Drifts came back but were smaller. Water again cleared up and just now when i vacuumed because we had several windy days so I had some dust and dirt in the bottom the water again clouded up because while i have no visible drifts on bottom i still have something?
What else should i be doing? It has been 4 weeks since i had the well water accident....

my pool is 12000 gallons gunnite , chlorine generator

lisa
i have good
test kit and all my numbers are in range
lisa

Great that you have a good test kit. Can you list it in your signature? Can you post a full set of test results?

With those results we would not think you would have scale or calcium carbonate able to form. I assume the water temperature is below 70F. Do you use Cal Hypo?

I am not an expert on Metal Magic.

I would lower the pH to reduce the TA - but - with iron you do not want to lower pH as it will precipitate the iron.

Can you get a sample of the material? If you can, put some in a plastic container and put a drop of acid on it. See what the reaction is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.