Used Bleach with Fabric Protection

alexp29

Jun 23, 2020
New Jersey
I opened my pool about a week ago. Everything was green but the water was still relatively clear and I was getting close to seeing to the bottom of the deep end after a couple of days. That's when I put in the bleach I had left over from Target. After I put in about 3-4 gallons, I realized it had fabric protection.

Since then, I have shocked the pool and most of the green is gone. The TA and pH seem to be relatively in check, but the water is still cloudy as can be. While there is quite a bit of information on here about "not using bleach with fabric protection", there's very little that says what to do when you do.

So, does anyone have a fix for me? Do I just have to wait it out?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If the residual cloudiness is from the bleach additives, you'll just have to wait it out. Eventually it will get broken-down and removed. If the cloudiness is from the ongoing SLAM Process, of course you'll continue until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. Let us know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure it's not part of the SLAM process, as I had my water tested yesterday and my CC was 0.0.

Any guess as to how long I will have to "wait it out"? I put in 3 gallons of the fabric protection for reference. Also, I would guess it would be advisable not to go in the pool while it's still cloudy, even if all the other measurements are perfect?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.