Use pool time shock to chlorinate?

mrdorkdar

Nov 23, 2017
Lake Forest, CA
So I usually use liquid chlorine but it takes up so much space. I saw this stuff and it doesn’t include cya, can I use it instead for everyday chlorination if it takes up so little space?

Attachments

• 393E04BB-238C-43E7-9FA3-A173B836B2C9.jpeg
    393E04BB-238C-43E7-9FA3-A173B836B2C9.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 24
I doubt they advertise that it adds CYA or Copper, but look at the active ingredients. All dichlor or trichlor contain CYA.

Cal-hypo is the other popular powdered chlorine, and it contains calcium instead of CYA.

Reactions: Comeby
And I’m guessing calcium is bad?
If you have hard water it is. Your TFP profile doesn't show any test results. You can post a full set so we can see your CH level. Also update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info which directly pertains to the replies you receive. In most cases, liquid chlorine and/or regular bleach is the best chlorine product when not using an SWG.

That is dichlor. Besides the product itself not being pure and probably having copper in it, dichlor adds as much CYA as it does FC. You will never see CYA listed on powdered chlorine products because it is a part of the chlorinated powder.

If space is that much of a limitation I'd suggest installing a saltwater chlorine generator and then you wouldn't have to store any chlorine.

I doubt they advertise that it adds CYA or Copper, but look at the active ingredients. All dichlor or trichlor contain CYA.

Cal-hypo is the other popular powdered chlorine, and it contains calcium instead of CYA.
JJ,
I’m in Frisco. Where are you finding liquid chlorine? The 3 HD’s in a 10 mile radius have been out. Having to resort to regular chlorox and the like. $$.

nM, saw you were using SWG. :/

JJ,
I’m in Frisco. Where are you finding liquid chlorine? The 3 HD’s in a 10 mile radius have been out. Having to resort to regular chlorox and the like. $$.

Two full pallets at HD white settlement last weekend… it’s been in stock 9 out of 10 times I walk by there…

I like to look at it, but not buy any… thank you SWCG!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JJ,

I still need liquid for the winter and just to have on hand.

Walmart is my go to, they have the 10% Pool Essentials in their outdoor section that is inside of the store, usually with the rest of the pool stuff. I picked up a few gallons last weekend from the Walmart on 380/Custer last weekend and they had hundreds sitting there, so I bet most walmarts by us have a good supply. Heck, the prosper kroger even has a pool section with liquid chlorine.

I still need liquid for the winter and just to have on hand.

Walmart is my go to, they have the 10% Pool Essentials in their outdoor section that is inside of the store, usually with the rest of the pool stuff. I picked up a few gallons last weekend from the Walmart on 380/Custer last weekend and they had hundreds sitting there, so I bet most walmarts by us have a good supply. Heck, the prosper kroger even has a pool section with liquid chlorine.
They’ve been out at the Little Elm and Preston one the last times I’ve checked. I think I saw Pool Essentials products at HD recently. I’ve used the Pool Essentials out of necessity but came across a bad/weak batch last year. I also seem to recall reading it wasn’t good on here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.