Upgrading to Variable speed pump...

Thanks for the info, talked to the inteliflo guy again and he said it IS a new pump, but he is passing on a 50 discount on his end and there is a 100 mail in rebate I will have to do on my end.

I know I may not NEED the 2inch fittings and extra 1.5hp, but it can't hurt right? Maybe it will be nice to crank up the extra 1.5hp when vacuuming or if I ever get a solar heater? And I assume even though it is 3hp, since we will be running it at less than 1.5 (like we would with the superflo), it will be equally quiet?

So the million dollar question, is the inteliflo worth the extra 150...?

As an Intelliflo owner, I vote yes. When selecting a VS pump, there is no penalty in having a larger pump, and it provides more flexibility for future changes and additions. The three hp. Intelliflo 011018 is the most used and most recommend on the forum. I’ve had one for several years and couldn’t be happier.

Just be sure to protect the pump with a whole house surge protector. I have two.

Yea I would get the intelliflo for that price in a heart beat. Just wanted to make sure you weren't getting into a deal that was too good to be true kinda thing.

You will never run that pump at full speed and you might be scared if you do. That's a good thing tho the slower you can run the pump the less energy it uses. Ignore the HP rating on the pump it really doesn't matter much with VS pumps.

The HEPD 80 from square D is a good choice for a surge protector if you go that route and they are easy to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.