Upgrading to iAquaLink

Dennyhle

May 11, 2021
California
Hello. I have a very old aqualink rs4 from around 1998. From what I have gathered it is pretty easy to upgrade to iAquaLink using the iq30rs conversion kit myself, right? I have a remote control panel in my house and controls in the spa. Will these still work if I upgrade the pcb? Also, the way the pool builders wired my pentair intelliflow, I currently cannot control the speed of the pump. It only runs at the rpm I set at the pump. Will I need to do anything in particular to make the iaqualink be able to control the speed of the pump?

The upgrade itself should be able to use the previous controllers. Which ones do you have? AllButton? OneTouch? PDA? As far as the Intelliflo, it is supported by Aqualink and "hopefully" will work.

Ok I will try to do this upgrade myself. Based on photos on the internet I have an AllButton in my house. Again all this equipment is from 1998. I believe my pump is newer though.

With the IQ30-RS upgrade, you will not need the OneButton anymore. You'll be able to control your pool equipment from the phone app, Alexa, or any computer browser. It should still work, however.

It's definitely nice to keep the All Button in place, as I've seen more than a few posts on here about the iAqualink web interface going down intermittently (and same for other other automation vendors as well). At least you have a way to control it if your internet or WiFi goes haywire.

Hello. I have a very old aqualink rs4 from around 1998. From what I have gathered it is pretty easy to upgrade to iAquaLink using the iq30rs conversion kit myself, right? I have a remote control panel in my house and controls in the spa. Will these still work if I upgrade the pcb? Also, the way the pool builders wired my pentair intelliflow, I currently cannot control the speed of the pump. It only runs at the rpm I set at the pump. Will I need to do anything in particular to make the iaqualink be able to control the speed of the pump?
The indoor control will work. Your all-button will still only be able to control 4 items (RS4). The iQ30RS will upgrade to an RS8, but you only have 4 relays. You can even just unplug the red and green 485 connectors on the old and plug them into the new board. The iQ30 antenna can be wired to the second red connector. If you have a VSP Jandy, the new system will control it (your signature seems to indicate it is a single-speed pump). The entire system will have to be re-programmed as the programming is in the chip that will be removed with the old board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.