Upgrading pump

Jul 23, 2017
Fort Meade MD
I have a metal frame 10 ft round (30 inchs deep) summer escape pool. The pump just died and instead of spending money to replace the crappy pump, I would like to upgrade to a better one. However, the pool has a build in skimmer/filter/pump. Can I get a new, better, pump/filter combo and attach the hose that draws water into the pool to the existing skimmer "out" hose? Would this work? Has anyone else upgraded their pump with one of these pools? I searched but couldn't find anything other than how to add a built in skimmer.

Any suggestions for a decent replacement pump? The one it came with was only a 330 gph, I was looking at a couple that were at least double that.

Can I get a new, better, pump/filter combo and attach the hose that draws water into the pool to the existing skimmer "out" hose? Would this work? Has anyone else upgraded their pump with one of these pools? I searched but couldn't find anything other than how to add a built in skimmer.
Yes a friend of mine did this a few years ago after the filter/pump/skimmer unit died.
Your new pump should come with two hoses, just run one from the bottom of your skimmer/pump to the inlet of your new pump and the outlet gets plumbed to the return jet you have now.
If you need to adapt once you have pump and hoses, check your local Home Depot or the like, bring a hose with you, and you should be able to make any adapters you need out of plumbing or irrigation(barbed) fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.