Upgrading need advice

Miniman

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2016
HOUSTON/ TEXAS
I currently have a Intex 14' x 42" Ultra Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool with Filter Pump I added a Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System for Above-Ground Pools up to 7,000 Gallons and a Intex Krystal Wall Mount Surface Skimmer. I had severe rust on the frame and my mate thinks the frame is done. I want to go larger and change to a sand filter system as I heard it is a better way to go. This may be the perfect time. So please help me get there.
If i go to a 16 x 48 ultra frame what are your thoughts on using the
Intex 1600 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Swimming Pool Set | 28675EG. I have an oppurtunity to purchase one seperate from any pool. The fact that saltwater wystem & sandfilter is in one system is appealling to me but I dont know if it really is a plus.
I am willing to take any and all advice on size,systems, salt v no salt , sand v no sand
Any and all appreciated
Any advice Intex Krystal Wall Mount Surface Skimmer

I have an in-ground pool, with a Hayward Sand Filter. I love the sand filter, it makes a lot less of a mess than the DE Filter did. My sand filter is pretty convenient, our bed of sand is 4 years old and filters just fine.

I currently have a Intex 14' x 42" Ultra Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool with Filter Pump I added a Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System for Above-Ground Pools up to 7,000 Gallons and a Intex Krystal Wall Mount Surface Skimmer. I had severe rust on the frame and my mate thinks the frame is done. I want to go larger and change to a sand filter system as I heard it is a better way to go. This may be the perfect time. So please help me get there.
If i go to a 16 x 48 ultra frame what are your thoughts on using the
Intex 1600 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Swimming Pool Set | 28675EG. I have an oppurtunity to purchase one seperate from any pool. The fact that saltwater wystem & sandfilter is in one system is appealling to me but I dont know if it really is a plus.
I am willing to take any and all advice on size,systems, salt v no salt , sand v no sand
Any and all appreciated
Any advice Intex Krystal Wall Mount Surface Skimmer

I love having salt water system and sand filter. It makes care of pool so much easier. Also the water is softer and, for the most part cleaner. If I do have to leave for a few days, the systems together keep chemical levels close to what they should be.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.