Upgrading mixed matched components

Ajw,
Best price is the target. Why does it appear the 011056 is slightly less expensive?

From what I heard Pentair is trying to simplify their supply chain. With the two pumps being almost identical they cut back on 011028 and put a lot of 011056 out. So with supply and demand 011056 is largely available at a lower price.

What does the EC prefix mean on EC-011028?

EC products are being sold via ecommerce and have a different warranty.

Pentair is trying to do channel management with different model numbers.

A,

To get back to your issue... Please take a look at your current pump.. It obviously has an input for AC power.. But tell me if it also has an RS-485 data cable that runs between the pump's control panel and the IntelliTouch.. I doubt it, but you never know..

If this were my system I'd be thinking about how I could fully use the IntelliTouch... I would buy an IntelliFlo style pump (either the 011028 or the 011056) and that would allow you to use the automation to change pump speeds based upon what mode your pool was in.. Later, when your SWCG dies, I'd replace it with an IntelliChlor.. Then you could control the SWCG from your automation. And, along the way, I'd add ScreenLogic so you could control things from your PC, tablet, or phone. You could get pages like this..

View media item 1962

You might want to check out PolyTec...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,
WRT this: If this were my system I'd be thinking about how I could fully use the IntelliTouch... I would buy an IntelliFlo style pump (either the 011028 or the 011056) and that would allow you to use the automation to change pump speeds based upon what mode your pool was in..

In addition to a pentair IntelliFlo pump upgrade should i also be considering an IntelliCenter upgrade instead of continuing work with the intellitouch i7?

A,

That would be up to you... It would be new with more capabilities, but the question is would you use them??

I have an EasyTouch with ScreenLogic.. I would love to have an IntelliCenter.. but, I can't think of anything I do with my system that would change??? I want an IntelliCenter, but I don't need an IntelliCenter..

Maybe one day when I am rich.. :mrgreen:

For sure, if I were to build a new pool, it would have an IntelliCenter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

A,

That would be up to you... It would be new with more capabilities, but the question is would you use them??

I have an EasyTouch with ScreenLogic.. I would love to have an IntelliCenter.. but, I can't think of anything I do with my system that would change??? I want an IntelliCenter, but I don't need an IntelliCenter..

Maybe one day when I am rich.. :mrgreen:

For sure, if I were to build a new pool, it would have an IntelliCenter.

Thanks,

Jim R.
So the reason is ask is programming is up to me for reasons explained earlier. I’ve got firmware ver 1.7 in the intellitouch, the pump listed on the program feature is 3050 only 4 speeds, would intellicenter upgrade make it easier to integrate the new pump and aid in programming the system? Will the intellitouch i7 control the newer intelliflo pumps.

I’m committed to pump upgrade and I’m exploring what additional upgrades to add: ScreenLogic is nice and potentially a SWG when mine dies

Last edited:
I posted my issue of attempting to use relay control for a Tristar 950 with a Legacy Intellitouch i7 I another thread. I inherited this set up with a house purcahse.

I’m halfway home. I’ve established 4 different speeds using 3 relays. My Intellitouch doesn’t recognize the Relay AUX input I‘ve connected to for 12v control voltage for INP 1-3. I also don’t understand the language of Filter pump relay plus 2 Aux Relays. (Apparently Filter Pump relay doesn‘t refer to the relay with 220v) I’m using relays 5,6,4 to establish the different speeds, the initial 12v connection goes to AUX relay 5, then AUX 6, then AUX 4. Below is the page from the Hayward manual. This current set up leaves me 1 relay short for my automation needs.

I don’t understand how to get the rest of the available speeds or is this a limitation of the intellitouch? Am I missing a combination of relay being turned on to access the different speeds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 4C797E33-55AE-47AE-8BD5-1DE5CD3B22A7.png
    4C797E33-55AE-47AE-8BD5-1DE5CD3B22A7.png
    359.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 84BB0224-48DD-4C98-A4EC-3984BA90DDAD.png
    84BB0224-48DD-4C98-A4EC-3984BA90DDAD.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 253AC80B-A7CA-46A8-97C1-03318E59BACE.jpeg
    253AC80B-A7CA-46A8-97C1-03318E59BACE.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.