Upgrading from Pentair Easy Touch Remote to Screenlogic

Otis Campbell

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 5, 2013
Lewisville, TX
I would like to swap out my Easy Touch for the Screenlogic solution. I've watched a few YouTube videos and skimed the installation guide. I've attached a photo of my panel and the existing antena for the Easy Touch remote. My question is, can I Ieverage off of the existing wiring into the Comm port? Just trying to save a step or two if that will work. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 11
Yes, you can use the existing cable and install the Wireless link card in your outdoor antenna case.

The indoor receiver that is paired to it needs to be installed.

I have a follow up question already. When I go to Amazon for the Screenlogic2 I get two choices "Old" for $667.99 and "New" for $734.97. What is the difference and is there any reason why I shouldn't save $66.98 plus tax?
Show us links to what you are looking at?

I have a follow up question already. When I go to Amazon for the Screenlogic2 I get two choices "Old" for $667.99 and "New" for $734.97. What is the difference and is there any reason why I shouldn't save $66.98 plus tax?
The “new” EC version has more parts for an owner to have everything needed to install it.

The “old” version is for a pool dealer who can supply any miscellaneous parts from his inventory.

All depends what you need…

IMG_1142.pngIMG_1143.png

if you get the old one and it doesn't include a power adapter for the indoor transceiver, any old 12 volt adapter you've got lying around should do it as long as it's positive tip and at least 300mA

if you get the old one and it doesn't include a power adapter for the indoor transceiver, any old 12 volt adapter you've got lying around should do it as long as it's positive tip and at least 300mA
Yeah, I was suprised that the “old” does not show the power transformer. I wonder if that is an oversight in just the picture.

Reactions: ogdento