upgrade requirements for phone to be pool remote

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

Our automation system is a Hayward ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, where we have a remote inside house, installed in late fall of 2014. The remote is instantly toast the second you take it off the charger. What type of upgrades would we need to make our phones be able to control the pool equipment. We have wifi at house but there's also many other wifi networks from our neighbors too.

Also, if this is a reasonable and cost-effective upgrade, is it a DIY'er? Anyone know the warranties if PB install vs pool owner? I've enclosed a pic of the pool panel which has the remote antenna on the top left.

thank you very much, tstex

Attachments

• pool-skimmer3.jpeg
    pool-skimmer3.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 8
Hayward AquaConnect might fit the bill. Your Pro Logic system would probably require a specific minimum software and/or hardware version. Maybe call Hayward and ask them - then shop online for a decent price. The guys at InyoPools may be able to help out also.

Thanks pro / I'm hoping someone on here has done this already and it works great

I'm pretty sure my panel is going to need something, but if it's an overhaul, then I'll just wait until the EcoStarless plunges again & get a pentair pump and pentair automation system

Has anyone ever upgraded their ProLogic PL-PS-8 [w remote] to wifi capability to use phone for operating equipment. My Software level on the remote states Rev 1.0 so I am assuming that's the lowest level out there.

Note: I'm trying to avoid calling Hayward on this before I have a good baseline of information - thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.