Updating Old Omnilogic firmware.. Heads Up....

carlb

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2013
Maybe is has been posted before, I didn't find and...... Ouch.

My firmware was 3.x.x for both MPS and MPP. I reached out to Hayward for guidance to update to current version. They sent two files. Both with the same name. 4.0.0 After I downloaded them to a 16gb usb (one named 4.0.0 and the other 4.0.0(1) ), the Omnilogic didn't see the files. Frustrated... I just jumped to the current firmware posted on Hayward. I told my contact at Hayward what I had done and got this reply......

"I have spoken with our omni logic team and by you jumping this far in firmware updates it has a glitch with the configuration. The only way to fix this would be to delete the current configuration and re-configure the unit. you cannot save the current configuration, and try to reload it, as you will still get errors." Does anyone here have experience with "glitch" installs between 4.0.0 and current version?

Well isn't that Nice? As my main board is Wacked (other postings on this board), I sent the board to a repair service in N.J. Either it works when I get it back or I'll just buy a new board and continue my efforts. I do have a backup configuration files dating back to 3.x.x So, maybe this won't be the mess it seems to be today.

Think I'll apply for a job as Omnilogic software Guru when this is over....

Carlb

Thanks for that report.

What I read from your post is the glitch in the OmniLogic CONFIGURATION is between 3.X.X and jumping to 4.8 which I think is the latest version. Something is not compatible and so you need to delete the CONFIGURATION and reenter it.

It sounds like Hayward tech was trying to guide you to go from 3.X.X to 4.0.0 and then to 4.8 and then for whatever magic reason the CONFIGURATION would carryover to 4.8 without any glitches.

Reading between the lines it sounds like the 4.0.0 upgrade included code to massage the CONFIGURATION that is no longer included in the 4.8 upgrade.

Yeah... sounds like 4.0.0 is the staging for the following update. I don't write Code, so... I'll know more (or scream more) when I get my main board back. I'll post up if the Repair worked. I'm all about Companies make $$ to stay in biz. Charging $2k for the main board + install costs is..... fingers X that I work this out.

More Later.

Carlb

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.