*** UPDATED *** AGP install pics

Re: AGP install pics

I have the same exact pool and a deck underway. What did you do about the vinyl trim pieces at the top of each of the posts? (I am talking about the "clamshell" piece that is visible on top of the deck, as well as the part below it which attaches to the posts) Did you remove the lower part, or fit the decking around it? If you removed it, how did you secure the clamshell part so it doesn't flop around? If you did not remove it, how did you fit the decking around it so nicely, and how will you get access to screws to remove it for liner replacement? Thanks!!

The support beams all the way around are at a height that allows the decking to slide just under the edges of the pool, and they are hand cut to fit around the "clamshells" nicely with a jig saw. i don't see the need for liner replacement for a few years, when i do need to get it done i will need to mark the sequence of the decking boards from underneath and remove them. small price to pay for the convenience for having a deck.

Where did you buy your pool at? please post pics of your project when you have a chance.

Hope this helps, Bo

Yours looks fabulous. Those were some precision cuts around the posts! I am also impressed with how nice and tight it looks with the rails on the decking. I would have expected some gaps. I bought my pool at Recreational Factory Warehouse in 2007. I have the 33' round, but same pool wall design. I don't want to remove decking for a liner replacement.

My idea is to remove the bottom plastic piece (below the clamshell) and run decking up under the clamshell tight to the column. Then I would attach a small block on top of the decking, place the clamshell over it and fasten the clamshell to the block with a single flat stainless screw, driven horizontally towards the center of the pool. The plastic hooks on the pool side of the clamshell should hold the other side in place. It isn't a perfect plan at all, so any suggestions you have I would very much appreciate.

Miranda said:
My idea is to remove the bottom plastic piece (below the clamshell) and run decking up under the clamshell tight to the column. Then I would attach a small block on top of the decking, place the clamshell over it and fasten the clamshell to the block with a single flat stainless screw, driven horizontally towards the center of the pool. The plastic hooks on the pool side of the clamshell should hold the other side in place. It isn't a perfect plan at all, so any suggestions you have I would very much appreciate.

So you would not have to make precise cuts!...saving you lots of time...That sounds like it would definitely work...wish i would have thought of it!... :oops: :-D

Please post picks when you are done...someone else is sure to benefit from your awesome idea.

Bo

Your children are adorable!!! And great reasons to put up a pool!! That's a great set-up -- I love the spacious deck, bet the kids love to jump off that deck into the pool (ssshhh I know they're not supposed to do that but I've never been able to stop 'em, and as long as they're the little ones going in canonball or feet first I don't mind).

Have a great summer with that pool!

Thanks for the comment about my kids...they are awesome...yup...cant stop the cannon balls, but like you said those are fine...the deck is great for Mom and i to hang out while they are playing...you have a great time as well!

Bo

I have been busy...almost done with my pool projects for the year:

1. Run power to the shed from the house...subpanel with dedicated 20 A circuit for pool and one 20 A for general purpose at the shed

Check!...Trenched in feeder cable to shed...installed subpanel...ran circuit to pump station.

Attachments

• 100_8115.JPG
    100_8115.JPG
    489.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_8117.JPG
    100_8117.JPG
    435.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_8124.JPG
    100_8124.JPG
    461.4 KB · Views: 95

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

2. Remove the flex plumbing and replace with PVC

Check!...finished pump station "deck"...installed PVC, to include the T's with 1/4 barbs for the 8 Gal LQ.

Attachments

• 100_8120.JPG
    100_8120.JPG
    460.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_8127.JPG
    100_8127.JPG
    423.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_8126.JPG
    100_8126.JPG
    384.3 KB · Views: 95
Great looking pool and deck!!! :goodjob:
I'm going to build an additional deck on my pool and was wondering what ladder do you have and if you could post a couple close ups of the ladder? Is it adjustable and how does it mount to the deck?

Thanks.
:cheers:

poolmomma said:
I really need to do this to mine...with the pvc and a platform...but the husband built the deck so dang close to my gear I am afraid to even try. Would I have to lower the water level to do all this or just close off the "holes"?

You should be able to just block the holes- use the existing fitting through the pool wall, and plug as if winterizing/draining pool!

crookm11 said:
Great looking pool and deck!!! :goodjob:
I'm going to build an additional deck on my pool and was wondering what ladder do you have and if you could post a couple close ups of the ladder? Is it adjustable and how does it mount to the deck?

Thanks.
:cheers:

I will as soon as i get the ladder back in the pool...i am making ballast out of big PVC pipes.

Bo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.