Update - Water In - Final pieces remain South Jersey Build

Re: New build in South Jersey - Pictures included

There are some pics on my build on the link in my sig. I'll go see about a better deck pic and post it here later.

Anyone have ideas on outdoor speakers. We have looked into Sonos but don't want to bring them in every time. Also rock speakers which I like and have an existing setup for upper level deck with Bose/receiver.

You might want to look at the Sonos Connect. This is for use with an existing system. I have one connected to a receiver driving 2 speakers on the upper level deck and 2 poolside speakers. It is nice having the music in the house, on deck and poolside all playing the same thing. Still can't believe they do not make outdoor speakers.

We have a stamped pool patio and really like it, I posted a photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 621

This so cool to see, and can't wait to watch more! I've never seen a vinyl pool build (I'm a way newbie to pools). So much fun!

I love the shape with the walls up. Has the shape changed somewhat from the original design post, or is it just a camera angle? Keep the pictures coming - love it!

IpaFan: Beautiful pool! Gorgeous color, and I love the decking, coping and stone wall! The hostas look great among the stones. What part of the country are you in?

Take care, everyone! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I agree with the Sonos Connect. We placed that in the garage and then mounted outdoor speakers (Polk) to the outside of the house and I can run my Sonos system through my phone or Ipad etc by the pool.

Thank you! Love the look of that, will talk to PB about cost difference and weigh the options.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with the Sonos Connect. We placed that in the garage and then mounted outdoor speakers (Polk) to the outside of the house and I can run my Sonos system through my phone or Ipad etc by the pool.

We have some great outdoor speakers as well, what concerns me is that they are so far from the pool, so I really want to get something more local to the pool area so I'm not playing for the neighbors, just us! So maybe a mix of the two would work well.

You might want to look at the Sonos Connect. This is for use with an existing system. I have one connected to a receiver driving 2 speakers on the upper level deck and 2 poolside speakers. It is nice having the music in the house, on deck and poolside all playing the same thing. Still can't believe they do not make outdoor speakers.

We have a stamped pool patio and really like it, I posted a photo

Your deck is beautiful! Do you know what color you used? I didn't check your signature line before posting this, so I may have missed it. I agree with the idea of the system working together. The one aspect of our backyard we have not completed yet and will be done in the years to come is making the deck work better with the pool. Currently, it is all one level and the 2nd story of the home and the pool is about 30' out from the walk out basement, so you really can't interact well from the pool to the decking, and my kitchen is on the main (2nd) level, as is the bathroom, so this is challenging. However, having the speaker system tied in to the pool would be great.

A few specifics would be helpful. Is it because of the indentations from the salt and the ability for water to collect and freeze/expand in them?Concrete itself surely isn't the problem. Agreed that I hadn't seen it in our area but wasn't sure why.

A few specifics would be helpful. Is it because of the indentations from the salt and the ability for water to collect and freeze/expand in them?Concrete itself surely isn't the problem. Agreed that I hadn't seen it in our area but wasn't sure why.

I'll ask PB today and see if I can get an idea if it is available up here or not, and if not - why?

That is my thinking- not only nooks and crannies, but ones that trap water because they are larger at the bottom and have acute angles, etc.

I'll ask PB today and see if I can get an idea if it is available up here or not, and if not - why?
Best bet, for sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.