UPDATE -safe to swim? Worst Pool Store Ever!

Re: Worst Pool Store Ever! Updated info and pics - still clo

Thanks for all the support guys I'm starting to need it. this feels like forever and I have spent a fortune on bleach already. I'm going away for 2 days this weekend and am going to try a floc since most floc says to leave the pump off for 24-48 hours. since i won't be home anyways to add any chemicals to the pool thought i would do this again. it showed results last 2 times, just not complete results. but anything is better than not doing anything for 2 days while i am away.

also yes my filter has a rinse setting and i use it every time

and I add between a cup and a cup and a half of DE. it usually brings it up 1-1.5 PSI

squirreltech said:
I've been meeting those requirements since i got my test kit
Sorry about that...I got confused with a different thread. :oops:

Please let us know how it goes and which clarifier/flock you are trying.

We ended up not going camping due to weather but i added a clarifier from HTH at walmart about 36 hours ago. seemed to work somewhat. the water looks shimmery and I can now see the bottom of the shallow end and even some way down into the deep end. I'll post a pic a little later.

Attachments

• 20120701-DSC_0490.jpg
    20120701-DSC_0490.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 20120701-DSC_0487.jpg
    20120701-DSC_0487.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 20120701-DSC_0492.jpg
    20120701-DSC_0492.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 120
Re: Worst Pool Store Ever! CAN SEE the SHALLOW END!!

Wanted to give you guys an idea of where I come from and where we went for a drive yesterday.

Attachments

• 20120630-DSC_0392.jpg
    20120630-DSC_0392.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 20120630-DSC_0437.jpg
    20120630-DSC_0437.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 20120630-DSC_0454.jpg
    20120630-DSC_0454.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 115

pool looks better today folks. I can make out the outline of the main drain in the deep end.

how do I filter from the main drain or is it already? i don't see any switches or levers to manipulate the main drain in any way. the only thing is in the skimmer i can see 2 holes, one has suction the other doesn't. would the other one be the main drain? and if so would i just connect a U shaped pipe so they connect to each other?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

squirreltech said:
Wanted to give you guys an idea of where I come from and where we went for a drive yesterday.
WOW - okay, I WAS feeling sorry for you, now not so much :)
Others can chime in, but I suspect the main drain is piped to the pump inlet. Some installs have fewer valves than others.
Seriously, try more DE in there. It looks like all you have to do is get rid of the fine dead algae. So Close!!!

Re: Worst Pool Store Ever! UPDATE - Can See the Drain outlin

Good News, I found my skimmer cover in the deep end today! I was going to go buy one and then I looked in the pool and there it was. looked like 2 main drains to me but my wife said I bet it's the skimmer cover. so we moved it to the shallow end and got it out with the leaf net. btw if you can't tell the pool is looking better. we can make out holes in the main drain. it's still slightly cloudy. i figure 2-3 more days then it's swim time. also found a large rock and a piece of metal in the deep end. now everything is truly out of the pool.

except we have a white substance settling on the bottom of the pool. could it be DE getting through the sand filter a little bit?

you can see it in the shallow end pic. any ideas?

Attachments

• 2012-07-03 13.26.38.jpg
    2012-07-03 13.26.38.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 2012-07-03 13.26.43.jpg
    2012-07-03 13.26.43.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 70

Sounds like things a looking up!

squirreltech said:
except we have a white substance settling on the bottom of the pool. could it be DE getting through the sand filter a little bit?
I doubt it is DE...it might just be dead algae. I would try and vacuum it to waste.

haha tempting but FC is at 16-20 daily, not going to test that. lol I will vacuum it to waste when I get home from work

I figure 2-3 more days and it's going to look fantastic. Can't wait. Thanks so much guys!

squirreltech said:
haha tempting but FC is at 16-20 daily, not going to test that. lol I will vacuum it to waste when I get home from work

I figure 2-3 more days and it's going to look fantastic. Can't wait. Thanks so much guys!

I guess I let my American show. I said it in jest as tomorrow is a national holiday and everyone with a pool will have more kids in it than there are kids in the neighborhood. At least, I know mine will.

so I opened the light niche tonight for both lights, as they needed to be replaced anyways. Well the Crud that came out! i tried to flush some clean water from the hose in there and then used the vacuum to suck it all up. got most of it and then cleaned it all out with some paper towel to make it nice and clean in there. have to buy 2 new lights, so i'm leaving the light assembly out tonight and all day tomorrow. that should allow the chlorine to do it's thing in there as well. i'll get the lights in tomorrow and then take some night time pic for you guys.

squirreltech said:
how do I filter from the main drain or is it already? i don't see any switches or levers to manipulate the main drain in any way. the only thing is in the skimmer i can see 2 holes, one has suction the other doesn't. would the other one be the main drain? and if so would i just connect a U shaped pipe so they connect to each other?
You don't need to connect a U-shaped pipe - you need a space ship or a twinkie. There should be a float/diverter under the skimmer basket and on top of those two holes. One hole goes to the floor drain and one to the pump. The diverter should have a slide on it to adjust how much is sucked from the bottom and how much from the skimmer.
Either the space ship: images/ve/lovingHDTV-SkimmerDiverter.jpg
Or the twinkie: images/ve/joenj-SkimmerDrainDiverter.jpg

:goodjob: With a tip-of-the-hat to Jason in a previous post.

As an aside, I didn't know that I needed a space ship the first year I had my pool and I wondered why it was taking so long to clear up. About the same time I put the space ship in, I also hooked the vacuum to the other skimmer so that I was sucking most of the water in from the deepest part of the pool. Cleared up tout suite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.