Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

Several years ago I passed along a tip I heard to remove the long bolts in pump motors one-at-a-time, dip them in anti-seize then re-install. You can do this at the pool equipment so it's very easy. Very easy, no pump pulling required. Of course do cut off power! So here I am now with 5 years on the pump and the motor bearings failed. I pulled the pump motor end and disassembled then was very easily able to remove the long screws to access the front shaft bearing. There are many videos that show how to do this. But that's only half the battle if you don't anti-seize the bolts. If you don't, one or more of the bolts corrode solidly to the motor flange and motor repair becomes a very difficult task that includes drill out the frozen one re-tap and install with larger bolts or some other repair technique that requires more skills and tools.

This little episode prompted me to post this reminder. If you haven't anti-seized your motor bolts, now would be a good time to do it.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

Reactions: Aleila
Dave,

Good add, I agree and thanks! I've used both the aluminum and copper with about the same results. There used to be a product called Gold Finger that we used on large industrial piping flange bolts but I can't find it anymore.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.