Union fitting to make Pentair IntelliChlor Dummy Cell

Re: Union fitting to make Dummy Cell

Most any site that sells that particular brand with also sell the unions.

I think you might not understand what I'm after. I need the side of a union that is a match to what is on the Pentair Salt Cell itself, the male threaded side, not the female threaded side.

I want to make a few of my own dummy cells, not pay the $40+ dollars for a Pentair dummy cell.

Searching here I've not seen one single post where someone made their own Pentair dummy cell. Did you make one? If so can you tell me the brand of union you used and where online you bought it?

You cannot make a dummy cell with the female threaded side of the union. I think you are referring to these: Amazon.com: Pentair 520595 Union Replacement Pool/Spa Sanitizer and Automation Control Systems: Garden Outdoor . Won't work.

And I assume some brand is compatible as aftermarket versions of the dummy cell are sold on eBay: PENTAIR POOL INTELLICHLOR 520588 SALT CELL PASS-THROUGH DUMMY SPACER | eBay

You aren't going to find these. I looked and looked for my FusionSoft and supposedly they actually make one. I also went and bought one of each brand of union Home Depot sells and none of them would match up to the proprietary FusionSoft union. The only way I could see to do this was to put another union in front of and behind the SWCG and make a piece that fits in that section. Why manufactures will not just include the other half of the union is beyond my comprehension. I would love to be able to totally remove it for winterizing.

You aren't going to find these. I looked and looked for my FusionSoft and supposedly they actually make one. I also went and bought one of each brand of union Home Depot sells and none of them would match up to the proprietary FusionSoft union. The only way I could see to do this was to put another union in front of and behind the SWCG and make a piece that fits in that section. Why manufactures will not just include the other half of the union is beyond my comprehension. I would love to be able to totally remove it for winterizing.

You are probably correct. I was just thinking/hoping that maybe off chance someone here had ran into a brand of union that was a match. For all I know, maybe the end on the eBay one is not a "perfect" match and the threads or sizing could actually compromise the existing Pentair nut if tightened too much.

Has anyone here said they've bought the eBay one and it was a perfect fit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.