Uneven *steel* wall pool

Apayne836

Sep 18, 2023
Edgewater, FL
We are installing our steel wall Bestway above ground pool. Everything looked level until we got above 1.5-2 feet of water inside. To my eye, it’s off by maybe 1-1.5”. The other issue is that, during installation, some ground washed away from one section and the bottom rail sort of “floats” in that spot. So, is the 1 inch difference going to collapse the pool? And will back filling under that rail to support it fix that side? Or should I start all over? I really don’t want to drain it unless absolutely necessary. I don’t want a huge water bill, but I also don’t want this thing to collapse.

Attachments

• IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    648.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
Floating bottom rail is not good - could cause wall to crumple once pool is full. When laying the bottom rails, did you check level from one bottom plate (hopefully on top of paver) to next, and then also check level across diameter of pool?

How did the ground get washed out?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.