Silver Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Upon opening my pool this year the bulb in my pool light seemed to have died. I replaced it with an LED one. (I replaced the gasket as well). However, as I was putting it back in the niche I noticed a weird phenomenon...

If I rotate the assembled housing about 20 degrees to the right, the light turns off. As soon as I rotate it back it comes back on. My immediate thought was the wire in cable has a break and depending on the cable bend it’s making or breaking the connection. However, if I hold it at the bad angle and wiggle the cable all around it won’t come back on. Likewise if I hold it in the normal position I can't get it to go off.

Is there something inside the unit itself that would cause this? It's a standard Hayward sp540 or whatever.

I think it was a faulty lamp. It must have gotten a teensy bit of water in through the back or something. I had to replace the whole thing (quite the ordeal digging through silicone sealant to get the cable through).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.