Underneath ladder rung.. a place for algae to hide. see photo

Does beg the question: who designs a pool step like that if it’s going to cause issues like that? Maybe the equipment should be designed like food service equipment with guidelines for avoiding pathogen traps, etc. I wonder if you sending your photo to the manufacturer would help them find a clue?

Does beg the question: who designs a pool step like that if it’s going to cause issues like that? Maybe the equipment should be designed like food service equipment with guidelines for avoiding pathogen traps, etc. I wonder if you sending your photo to the manufacturer would help them find a clue?
My suspicion is that it's all cost. The design is likely meant to be easily mass manufactured, offer stability, and keep production time and material low.

Reactions: SoDel and Newdude
It’s made like that because it’s plastic. Two problems with the plastic steps. They aren’t flat on the bottom and they should be replaced every few years as get weaker with age. They can get weak enough eventually that they can break and split and cause injury. I replaced my plastic ones with stainless steel ones. I also had to buy the longer stainless steel bolts as well because the ones for the old plastic ones were shorter then the ones needed for the steel ones. These are also flat on the bottom and easier to keep clean.

Reactions: IceShadow and SoDel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.