Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi,

I am planning on building a lean to over my pad and I had a question about the concrete support tiers that I need to put in. The plumbing runs about a foot out in front of the pipes (red lines in pic) and I'm wondering how close I can put the support tiers to the plumbing. I want to get them as close as I reasonably can but wasn't sure how far away I should stay from the piping? Is 6 inches away far enough? There is a gate right there and I want to keep access through it to a max for the landscapers and such.

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-23 121636.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-23 121636.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 11
Each one of those pipes goes vertically down, then 90 deg turn away from the pad. Assuming your pool is to the left in the photo Then the left pipe will come out the shortest distance and the right pipe will come out the longest distance. Then they all make another 90 deg turn the pool. Normally, each pipe is laid flat on the ground so they are next to each other. If you have 2 inch pipe, you can assume the right pipe is at least 12 inches out (2 x6)

Can the lean to just be supported on the sides and not in the middle?

I can do 2 posts but there is stuff buried between the ait conditioner and the pad. I'll have to put the posts in the grass past the pipes just not sure how far away I should go past the plumbing. I'm trying to go as close as possible without causing problems for myself down the road.

I found a pic of the unburied plumbing. How close can I safely be to the red line to put a concrete pier next to it? This is about 2 ft down and the pier will be closer to 4ft.

1690317096588.png

Hi,

I am planning on building a lean to over my pad and I had a question about the concrete support tiers that I need to put in. The plumbing runs about a foot out in front of the pipes (red lines in pic) and I'm wondering how close I can put the support tiers to the plumbing. I want to get them as close as I reasonably can but wasn't sure how far away I should stay from the piping? Is 6 inches away far enough? There is a gate right there and I want to keep access through it to a max for the landscapers and such.

thanks
If you put any barrier, even a lattice-like one, in front of the equipment, there must either be 3' clearance in front of your Jandy box, or a removable section, or a gate that will open completely. That is code required in front of any high-voltage panel.

Hi, Yes I am planning on something like a gate or removable on the front so that I could easily get at all of the equipment. Can I put a pier 6 inches or so away from the the underground plumbing or would that be too close?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.