daisylubob

Jun 1, 2020
Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi. 2nd summer of Intex pool went well. I’ve almost completed taking it down for winter. Here are 2 issues I’m thinking about for next year: 1. The ground it is on was sloped so had to be dug out about 4” on 1 side, then angled to make it level. Due to this there is a gap of about 6” between the pool and edge of the dug-out ground. Not sure what to do, if anything. 2. Pool sits on 2 tarps which set directly on the ground (hard packed and level). Legs are on pavers. Tarps are about 2-3” larger than pool (16’). When it rains or water splashes out of pool, ground gets wet and dirt creeps up the outside of the liner, and also underneath. Hence, bottom of pool is dirty at closing, I do clean it well prior to storage. Any suggestions on what I can do differently, put underneath to block dirt? Or just bite the bullet and clean it. Thanks!

Might not be a perfect answer, just depends on what you are willing to deal with. For example, you could place some smooth pebbles, gravel, or rock around the perimeter of the pool. That would help to control splashing and dirt, but then you might have to deal with those stones if you tear-down the pool each year. Either way, if you elect to tear-down the pool each winter, you'll probably have some clean up to do before storing. No chance of just doing a winter closing and leaving the pool up in the future?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.