Under construction in Waxahachie!

Sparkle - thanks for the link!! When I have a pic on the Mac, or iPad, I email it to myself (which shrinks the size of the pic) then I open it, save it to dropbox, then retrieve it there. Lots of malarkey. LOL! I'm going to try your way when I get new pics. Thanks again!!! BTW, your pool is crystal clear! Good job!

Arvven -We might not be able to swim Thursday, but there with be Happy Hour on the patio - I can promise that! :cheers: PB said we'd be swimming at the weekend!! GULP! We are sooooo excited and nervous.. a little. Hubby and I were sitting tonite just trying to imagine what it's going to be like to be able to just walk outside and have the opportunity to cool off whenever we want to. We feel so blessed to be able to enjoy this awesome addition to our home with our family and friends.

Our granddaughter (6) is having her birthday party here in Sept.. How awesome is that? I only wish I could have done this earlier for my own kids.

:party: Decking Finished!

Attachments

• IMG_1904_2.jpg
    IMG_1904_2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1903_2.jpg
    IMG_1903_2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1917_2.jpg
    IMG_1917_2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 256
Tomorrow the pool cleaners will come to prepare the gunite (HA!!! WAIT till they see the size of those spiders!)
Thursday we plaster.

Attachments

• IMG_1906_2.jpg
    IMG_1906_2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1909_2.jpg
    IMG_1909_2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 256
Wow!! Looks great!!! That's funny.. I wanted to ask for a pix of the spiders too!!! Are they tarantulas or daddy long legs??? Do you think they are looking for water??? Aren't you all in a dry/drought area too??
Be brave, snap us a pix... Or get the pool guys to do it when they show up!! :eek:

Are your a Brit? I don't normally hear Wellies... LOL

Wellies_2_036.jpg

Photo is from Weddings and Wellies

eeeeeeuuu!!!!!

@Sparkle - No, not DLD.. these might be Wolf Spiders.. These ones today are brown. They are all hiding today - it's 104 degrees here today.
Twice, I've had HUGE black spiders, the body was the size of quarter and a dime put together. I try not to get too close. I don't think they could come in the house, they'd have to knock, cause they wouldn't fit under the door.

OK, have three pics - One taken from the top of the tanning ledge, these two were on the bottom of the pool, the next one, I got IN the pool, and one was taken from me standing on the coping looking into the water (cropped.) :shock:

@techguy.. Both parents born in Edinburgh Scotland :goodjob: Not many here know the term "Wellies." LOL!

I hope these spiders take up a new residence soon <..shudder..>

Attachments

• IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1919.jpg
    IMG_1919.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 240
  • photo-25.JPG
    photo-25.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 242
It must have been exactly the right thing disturbed to get them all marching along and finding the pool. Oh my goodness, that would give me pause watering after it's dark!

Wow! Those are some big hairy spiders!!! Wonder if the construction stirred them up.. Maybe they'll move on soon... Maybe they are finding some delicious bugs that have been stirred up ... Wonder if your PB see this vey often?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
the deck came out great, usually we see alot of wolf spiders like that but this summer has been amazingly sparse in spiders so either we have some snakes hiding out or my new pest control guy has been making an impact finally.

Man your pool was built quick that's awesome.... btw I called about a water discount and they said no discount but were nice enough to calculate what it would cost me and 17.3k gallons of water came out to about $110 not bad at all imo I was expecting closer to $250

Thanks Karmann! We've graduated from watering the gunite to watering the deck. The pre-plaster crew came this morning and got the pool ready for tomorrow. We seems to be moving right along. I asked my PB how many pools he is doing right this minute, and he said 8. I don't know if that's alot, or not.. they are in various stages of construction. I'd be worried if he said "1." LOL! He also said we could be swimming at the weekend. I thought the plaster needed to "cure" some before we got to swim. Nervous Nellie here... I've to see if my test kit, or my brush arrived.

Mike is going to check with Rocket Water today. Since we don't have sewer charges on our water bill, we probably won't get a discount either. I know back in the day where I grew up, the fire dept would come and fill your pool from a hydrant. Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm waiting to see your BEAUTIFUL pool all plastered. Post when you can!

imrodee said:
Thanks Karmann! We've graduated from watering the gunite to watering the deck. The pre-plaster crew came this morning and got the pool ready for tomorrow. We seems to be moving right along. I asked my PB how many pools he is doing right this minute, and he said 8. I don't know if that's alot, or not.. they are in various stages of construction. I'd be worried if he said "1." LOL! He also said we could be swimming at the weekend. I thought the plaster needed to "cure" some before we got to swim. Nervous Nellie here... I've to see if my test kit, or my brush arrived.

Mike is going to check with Rocket Water today. Since we don't have sewer charges on our water bill, we probably won't get a discount either. I know back in the day where I grew up, the fire dept would come and fill your pool from a hydrant. Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm waiting to see your BEAUTIFUL pool all plastered. Post when you can!

Am I supposed to be watering the deck? My PB didn't say for us to do anything like that, he did comment that it will cure over the next 10 days and not to worry about dullness or grey streaks because that is removed when they acid wash it next week.

Does your deck have sort of a grey haze to it like mine does?

As for the plaster needing to cure before you swim, I have read different instructions for different brands online myself. My PB and the pebbletec site both say you can swim as soon as the water is balanced but I have read several places that 7 days is suggested while the plaster dust is being expelled and brushed.

I’m going to compromise with our pool by forbidding sunscreen and any oils on anyone until we switch to using the SWCG in 2 weeks. Actually we’re also going to keep it to ourselves that our pool is done this weekend so we don’t get bum rushed with company until it all settles in with us.

We don’t even have deck furniture yet :oops: :oops:

We don’t even have deck furniture yet :oops: :oops:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Well, now I don't feel so bad. :lol:

Our PB said to wet the deck down every 3 hours or so in the heat of the day. He also said the grayish/whiteish color is the calcium, all normal. He showed up this morning and did the deck once himself. It's probably fine.. It's so dang hot, I little bit of water on it probably doesn't help that much anyhow... but I'm doing it, jic.

I did read the more hoses in the pool the better - to fill it quickly. I imagine that keeps the plaster from curing too fast.

Oh buy - ALMOST THERE!!!!!

:shock: Sandy - I guess I'd settle for the spiders, before a bear! Like techguy said - after the water spiders should not be an issue.

Thanks on the pool!! We are pretty excited! That's comforting to know about your PB too..I have nothing to gauge on, just his reputation.. He is a small company that basically works from referrals. We saw his work, and then we called him. I'm glad you have a good guy too!

Are you building now, or have you been done for a while?

I've got to run to Fort Worth - BB later!

Thanks again for the comments!

imrodee said:
I did read the more hoses in the pool the better - to fill it quickly. I imagine that keeps the plaster from curing too fast.

not sure if it helps to keep the pool from curing to fast or not it sure does speed things up, I added a 2nd hose after seeing what little progress was made with only 1 hose after 7 hours.

I hope that this thing is done filling by at least midnight because i really don't want to be up all night watching my pool because i'm afraid it's going to overflow.

Oh.. yeah, overflow. That would not be good. I didn't think about that.

The bobcat didn't make it today, so we called the PB and asked him to hold off on the plaster until that's finished. Our land is flat as a pancake, and the wind will blow all that dust on the new plaster. If Bobcat comes early enough, we could have the plaster crew come after. (That's what I'd like.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.