Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Mini man-cave work bench needs some under cabinet lights. Looking at LEDs. Strip-ribbon LEDs seem cheesy to me. I want bright, daylight temperature (4000K or better) and as many lumens as I can get (1500 lum or greater).

Wondering what others have done or feel are good brands to explore.

Mini man-cave workbench shot -

F5758A2F-E446-4E18-972B-7BF61A66FF3B.jpg

I’m putting a goose-neck lamp by the vise and each cabinet underside can easily hold a 24” long strip of lights so there’s lots of real estate to work with. Nothing on the “peg board” is locked down so I can move anything around I need to to make the lighting work.

(And YES, it was intentionally cleaned off as the installer wanted me to send him an after-installation shot!)

I typically use the puck style under cabinet lighting but these are for kitchens where I'm more looking for the ambiance of the light not so much for task lighting. The strip LEDs look cheesy but are probably one of the better options when considering light output/cost ratio.

More importantly what is the plan to pump the Boy George soundtrack through the almost man cave?

I typically use the puck style under cabinet lighting but these are for kitchens where I'm more looking for the ambiance of the light not so much for task lighting. The strip LEDs look cheesy but are probably one of the better options when considering light output/cost ratio.

More importantly what is the plan to pump the Boy George soundtrack through the almost man cave?

Oh, it’s going to be a total homage to the 80’s - there’s going to be some Culture Club, Wham!, Rick Astley, Billy Ocean...you name it and I’ve got the mix tape for it. It’s going to be a bit of hack but I think I’m going to have to wall mount my cassette tape library and Magnavox D8443 Boombox Ghettoblaster or else I’ll lose too much counter space :scratch:

As for lighting, yeah, pucks are out of consideration. Light pattern is too circular and the output is usually too low. I guess the big question in my head is what brands are decent and easily found in case returns or replacements are necessary? I’m willing to order online but would like to get something that has some longevity to it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have become a big fan of these style lights for what you are doing.
LED Refrigerated Display Light - LED Freezer/Cooler Light - Bees Lighting

If you have 110v available they are slim and super durable and cheap. They also make a great drop light for doing mechanical work.

Thanks Chuck!! I’ll take a look at these.

I've been doing a lot of LED replacement upgrades on the equipment I work on. Those display lights are super handy and put out a lot of light that is easy on the eyes. On top of that it's a vapor tight fixture for about 25 bucks you just cant beat it.

They are great inside of industrial electrical cabinets.

I'll leave you to the choice of music ... As long as it's not Jimmy buffet

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.