Unable to see bottom...

Thanks to all, especially the geek,

The good news is that my pool is clear....the bad news is:

CYA: 95-100
TA: 120

The only correction is dilution of water with water, if I have passed the "pool school", "pool math" and Chem 201 forum

I presume you mean -0.54 and that is most likely negative due to your low Calcium Hardness (CH). You do not need calcium because you have a vinyl pool so you can ignore the CSI number being negative in this case.

If you do not have your own good test kit (the TF-100 or K-2006 I mentioned earlier), then I wouldn't do anything until getting one and seeing the true water chemistry numbers. Your CYA may not be that high -- or it might be higher. So get your own kit and find out for yourself. Test strips can be very, very inaccurate.

If your CYA is as high as you now think, then keep at least a minimum FC level of 8 ppm at all times so you can prevent algae growth.

Thanks geek,

My CYA is off the chart now...I added to some one's thread with the subject "CYA is off the chart" in Testing and Balancing your Water.....would love to have your thoughts.

PS, after asking if 12ppm of FC is safe , I found your input to CDC or was it EPA....can't find it now

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.