Um..Turning heater on for first time

BPool18

Jun 14, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
Bought house April of this year.

Pool built in 2014 with Heater

ran into a bad case of Mustard Algae before I discovered this site. After discovering this site and the helpful tips, eliminated the algae and pool as been perfect since May.

Havent seen the need to turn turn the heater on, but figure I should turn it on for at least 24 hours/ once this season? Tonight would be good as the weather has been unseasonably cool and having people over late tomorrow.

Any precautions i should take turning on the heater for the first time? I know it’s part of the circulation system so in case our mustard algae friend is hiding out there, any concern? Shouldn’t be as long as FC is good...just didn’t know if that’s a concern or any other concern as I’ve never turned this on before.
Thanks!

Unless you have a heater bypass valve water has been circulating through your heater all along. So nothing to worry about with algae hiding there.

I can’t comment what to do without knowing your plumbing, valves, and heater controls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.