Ultratherm ETI install

Bowl-O-Tuna

In The Industry
May 9, 2023
Encinitas
Hello, I am connecting a Ultratherm ETI to a intellicenter. Going to use the relay remote controls. On the heat pump side it has spa com and pool and on the intellicenter " deadman" connection it has 24VAC. Couple questions. 3 wires on HP side, 2 wires on intellicenter side. Also HP label is common, spa and pool. For an AC signal I would not expect a label of com. The directions are not so clear.
Thanks,

I think you have an UltraTemp ETi Heat Pump.

Do not use the Spa-Com-Pool connection to the heater relay on the IntelliCenter. You will not get full control of the ETI features using that connection.

You should connect the ETi heater to the IntelliCenter using the RS-485 connection.

Be sure to select ETI for Heater Type in the IntelliCenter Configuration when adding the heater.

1684874246976.png
1684874302116.png

Thanks for the reply, I see your attachment is for the EZ touch and I have the intellicenter, not sure if they are so different.
I originally had it hooked up through RS-485 but it is not working. I get a heartbeat on the UltraTemp ETi Heat Pump and the Intellicenter shows that it thinks it is heating but it won't turn on. If I take out of RS-485 mode and manualy turn it on it heats fine to the setpoint. The Intellicenter does not have a ETI option I have attached some files. Currently this is the only thing I have on RS-485. I had my filter pump on and the RS-485 controlled it fine. To trouble shoot I only have the Ultratemp and it is at address 1 on both ends.

Attachments

• Ultratemp heartbeat.jpg
    Ultratemp heartbeat.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3766.jpg
    IMG_3766.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3765.jpg
    IMG_3765.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Detected hardware.jpg
    Detected hardware.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Heater type options 2.jpg
    Heater type options 2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Firmware version.jpg
    Firmware version.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Heater type options 1.jpg
    Heater type options 1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Intellicenter heat mode.jpg
    Intellicenter heat mode.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Ultratemp ETI.jpg
    Ultratemp ETI.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Intellicenter.jpg
    Intellicenter.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 3
Do you have a temperature sensor or 10K resistor installed as the Solar Sensor in the IntelliCenter?

Thanks for the reply, I see your attachment is for the EZ touch and I have the intellicenter, not sure if they are so different.

It is the same. Ask Pentair why they didn't update their manual for the ETI Heater for the IntelliCenter?

I originally had it hooked up through RS-485 but it is not working. I get a heartbeat on the UltraTemp ETi Heat Pump and the Intellicenter shows that it thinks it is heating but it won't turn on. If I take out of RS-485 mode and manualy turn it on it heats fine to the setpoint. The Intellicenter does not have a ETI option I have attached some files. Currently this is the only thing I have on RS-485. I had my filter pump on and the RS-485 controlled it fine. To trouble shoot I only have the Ultratemp and it is at address 1 on both ends.

Yes, you set the heater type to Hybrid which it looks like you did....

1685051383829.png

If you are getting the heartbeat then the RS-485 connection is working.

You said you have your IntelliFlo RS-485 disconnected. The ETI will not operate if the Remote Mode Intelliflo is set and the Intelliflo is not connected to RS-485.

1685052119421.png

Do you have a temperature sensor or 10K resistor installed as the Solar Sensor in the IntelliCenter?

It is the same. Ask Pentair why they didn't update their manual for the ETI Heater for the IntelliCenter?

Yes, you set the heater type to Hybrid which it looks like you did....

View attachment 496230

If you are getting the heartbeat then the RS-485 connection is working.

You said you have your IntelliFlo RS-485 disconnected. The ETI will not operate if the Remote Mode Intelliflo is set and the Intelliflo is not connected to RS-485.

View attachment 496234
Allen and everyone else who helped, I finally got it all working, Not sure exactly but just started over and now it is working and communicating. Thanks so much

Reactions: Ahultin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.